Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Back in blogland

After an absolutely manic month, which has seen me basically trying to fit in a session every three days in order to maintain the level I was at, I am feeling good about the weekend. The last week has been particularly good and I'm taking a rest day tomorrow and then my last run on Friday and a little cycle on Saturday to see a bit of the course.

The whole training period has been a valuable lesson in work-life balance and I realised very quickly that if I didn't train, I was going to be grumpy, irriatable and run-down, until I got back into the swing of things!

Predicted finish time for my first olympic distance? 2:30. Noosa, bring it on...

6 Comments:

Blogger Robert Song said...

Good luck for Noosa. Come back happy, content and up beat.

9:56 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Good luck ! Most importantly, have fun & enjoy it. And yes, I find the same thing - I have to find time for my training. Otherwise I'm hell to live with :-)

11:02 pm  
Blogger miners said...

Fantastic to see you're still on track mate. All the best for the day - watch out for the bedlam as you leave T1 - watch out for the packs - and have a great, great race :)

10:21 am  
Blogger 2P said...

Good to see you blogging again Owen - don't forget work and life maybe on either ends of the old balance scales but the blog is the fulcrum that holds em up ;-)

Have a top race.

2:58 pm  
Blogger Lulu said...

Good luck and have a great time in Noosa.

4:24 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Have a good one Owen. 2:24 is my guess. Don't lose your bike ;)

5:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home