Friday, August 25, 2006

I had Monday off as a rest day.

Tuesday morning I went for a swim, just did some different drills and 100m and 200m intervals, all up totalling just under 2km. It felt good but I can tell my swimming needs some more structure if it's going to get anywhere so I think I'll have to koin a squad in the near future.

Wednesday morning I went for a 40km threshold cycle to get a benchmark time that I can
a) work on and measure up against and
b) calculate some kind of Noosa prediction from.
I got home in a very satisfying 1:17, which means my overall goal for Noosa is 2:30 (with splits of about 26-77-45).

Thursday I was going to do a hard interval session on the wind trainer but the bike just felt wrong on my shins again so I left it and did some core stability and strength stuff and booked the bike in for a service and proper re-fit next week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

I hope the shin soreness abates Owen. Just do what you can so it doesn't hurt - perhaps easy/long on the bike.

9:28 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

I saw a Bizarro Owen running along the bike path this morn. He was tall and thin with curly brown hair and was wearing the blue Brisbane Marathon finishers shirt. He looked just like you! Except for one thing. Er, I'll tell you at CR drinkies.

1:58 pm  
Blogger TD said...

Good to see you taking it a little easier after the Noosa half, Owen.

2:35 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Good idea about the bike fit. You just reminded me that I need to adjust my left cleat....thanks !

5:59 pm  
Blogger Clairie said...

2:30 is a great time Owen. Good to have a goal as well.
Don't forget to factor in some transition time there..

Best of luck and I will certainly be there cheering you on at Noosa so get cracking because I'll be chanting 2:30, 2:30, 2:30..........

4:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home