Monday, September 04, 2006

It's not about the bike...

Had planned to do two 60k rides yesterday because of time constraints (ie. rather than doing one long one...) However at about the 40k mark my shin started to hurt again! It was really tender for the next 12km and then finally started to loosen up in the last few k.

It's beginning to get very frustarting because I can't work out what I'm doing wrong. I've had my fit checked, I've been stretching and warming up properly, and it only happens occasionally...

Thankfully the ride wasn't a write off as I still got a good distance in and felt like I'd done a solid work out at the end but it's very uncomfortable.

Tomorrow is 20km with the halfway turn around at the top of Mt Gravatt.

3 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

Huge week for you Owen - and sorry, can't really helpe eith the shin pain. Cycling has a tendency to "shorten" your ligaments/tendons in the ankle, back of knee etc.. Not sure how this translates to your shin pain though ?

4:40 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Mr President ;-)
yeassss yer Mum's been bragging again!

4:47 pm  
Blogger Cirque said...

Are you SURE you're warming up and stretching properly?

8:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home