Monday, September 25, 2006

New 10km PB!

Thursday
Didn't get out of class til late so missed the squad session and just did an easy 1.5km instead. Felt pretty good though considering my swimming's been so slack lately...

Friday
Went for an easy ride to and around Mt Cootha following Miners new rules of only pedalling on the uphills and not leaving the smaller chainring - it certainly makes for a different ride! All up it felt really good though and it definitely feels like it trains the legs better. Plus makes it a lot easier to spin!

Saturday
Bought new elastic laces so HAD to try them before Sunday's race... :P Just did an easy 3km gallop around the park near my place, felt good and really relaxed.

Sunday - BRRC 10km Handicap - 40:30
Felt good on race morning but was still about skeptical about getting 40. It was the first time I've run with these guys and they gave me a 33minute handicap (one of the biggest!) but in the end it turned out to be pretty accurate. I started well and got the first km in exactly 4:00, but from then on I couldn't keep them consistent and they kept varying from 3:50 to 4:10. I managed to throw in a couple of good surges in the last two km though and got home in a time I'm very happy with! Thanks to Clairie for introducing me to some of the other members.

Bring on Noosa!

8 Comments:

Blogger Clairie said...

Heh Owen, I found out after the race that the 3km and 5km are short and long respectively - so like you my times were all over the place.

I think we were running more even than we suspected - you moreso than me.

You did so well yesterday. Imagine what you can do with more speed trainnig and focus on running (you know when you cut out all that other cross training stuff hee hee).

I think my evil twin and I need to get you out to the track - you would be so competitive there.....

1:35 pm  
Blogger miners said...

hey - really nifty effort with the 10km. It hasn't taken you long to get up to that sort of speed. You'll have a blinder at Noosa

2:45 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

You haven't changed your 'current PB' yet Owen. Come on!

Good result and indicator for Noosa.

3:51 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Clearly all those interval sessions thanks to the magpies are paying off !

8:34 pm  
Blogger Robert Song said...

That's a hefty chunk off your PB. Great work.

10:16 pm  
Blogger Cirque said...

That was a very well deserved PB!

9:02 pm  
Blogger 2P said...

Very nice work on that 10k PB Owen - looking good ;-)

9:47 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

I haven't had a chance to spend much time in Bloggsville while on hols but Clairie did give the news on your great result at BRRC.

So a very belated CONGRATS to you on that.

1,2,3 ... Owwwweeeeennnnn!!!!!

12:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home