Monday, September 18, 2006

It's a good burn...

After a crappy day at work on Friday I cam home and did a hard 45mins on the windtrainer. It was really intense (I was COVERED in sweat!). I felt good afterwards but wasn't sure what effect it was going to have on my long run the next day...

Saturday
Went for an awesome run with Clairie, Tesso and Charlotte. All up we did about 21km in about 1:45. Good to be back doing long runs and especially good to be doing them with these three lovely ladies. I felt fine after the spin session the night before and we did a progression run for the last 4km which was really good. We also ran past a person that Tesso seems to think is my identical twin despite some serious physical differences! 'Twas hilarous!

Sunday
Went for a ride to Mt Gravatt and did three reps up the mountain staying in my seat the whole way and trying to get faster as I got closer to the top. It's about a 2.5km climb. I felt really good afterwards and flew home very quickly. I'll definately do more reps next time. Or try pushing a higher gear...

Rest today although I might run for 30 mins without the watch this afternoon and then another 40/10 brick tomorrow. I'm going to try and two laps of a 20km loop for the bike this time to see if I can avoid some of the traffic that slowed my down last time.

I might also be having a crack at a 40 minute 10km on Sunday at BRRC. Not so confident of that yet, I think I'm at about 41:30 pace... but we'll see!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Owen, are you suggesting I'm colour blind ;-)

Great run on Saturday. Hope you can make it along every time, we girls could use a bodyguard.

12:40 pm  
Blogger Clairie said...

Was great to run with you Owen. Hope we do see you again at the next run.

I will be aiming for 42.30 next weekend - and you are way faster than me so I think 40 is doable. You will hurt - it will be tough but as long as you don't do anything drastic the day before you should be fine.

Watch what you have for breaky to ensure you don't have any stomach problems.

Great to see you back up for a bike ride on Sunday! You are going to be flying at Noosa at this rate.

1:02 pm  
Blogger miners said...

Great training mate - and some great sessions coming up from the sounds. You're well and truly prepared for Noosa if you're already stepping up to 40/10 bricks and long runs of 20km+. You'll fly mate.

What's your descending on the bike like? If you're a bit girly like me, you could lose some time at Noosa on that long descent. I'm hoping that cirque doesn't read this particular post, but perhaps try out some nasty descents to see how you go at maintaining good speed (& control!)

3:57 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

I don't know what Miners is worried about - we already know he is a girly girl ;-)

Tough few days training there Owen. I'm sure it will pay off next Sunday. Just take it easy on Saturday !

9:19 pm  
Blogger Cirque said...

Don't listen to Miners. You can practice for the descents at Noosa just as easily by doing visualisations on the mag trainer.

7:49 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

You might as well run 4s for as long as you can Owen. Good luck.

5:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home