Wednesday, September 06, 2006


Apart from discovering a rather vicious magpie has taken up residence at the end of one of my favourite stretches of road (swooped me four times and nearly took my ear off!) this morning's ride was quite uneventful. 30km all up at 30km/hr pace. I made an extra effort to stretch PROPERLY and tried two changes to the way I rode which seemed to have paid off, sliding back further in the seat so that the weight of my body is on my butt, not my legs, and this in turn meant I could focus on "spinning" the pedals, rather than pushing them. Apparently it worked, perhaps it wasn't a problem with the way the bike fitted me as much as a problem with the way I fitted the bike...

The other interesting note about this morning's ride was that I experimented with a coffee beforehand. It felt good for this distance but I don't know whether it would be much help for anything longer as the buzz was just starting to wear off when I dismounted. I also plan to try coke in my water bottle before long.

After work I backed up with a 7km run around the neighbourhood which also felt good, overall today felt much better than most days of late, everything seemed to flow better...

2 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

Magpies...not that time of year again is it? I thought you might have avoided them being on a bike but that is obviously not the case.

9:32 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL this is the second blog I've read with Magpie attacks...it is that time of the year isn't it!

You could paint eyes on the back of your bike helmet like the kids in my area. Not sure if it works though...

6:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home