Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Eventful longish run

I was trying to start building up my long run again today with a 20km run with a turnaround at the top of Mt Gravatt. It was fairly good but slow (very hilly the whole way), but I just felt awkward the whole way. I'm not sure way but running just felt like a very alien action for my body for some reason. All up it took my about 1:40 for 18 very hilly kms.

The "eventful" bit was that about 2km from home a car blew up about 150m in front of me! I'm not joking! I was just coming over the top of the second last hill and starting down it (thinking smugly to myself how nice it is to be running faster than the traffic is flowing) when about 150m ahead of me at a set of traffic lights flames started pouring out of the front of this Volvo and the driver bailed. All the surrounding drivers got out of their cars and people started calling the firies etc.

Thankfully, no-one was hurt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Did the driver have a hat on ;-)

9:11 am  
Blogger Clairie said...

aaaahhhh a Volvo driver - that explains everything.

If you ever feel like doing a long run on a Saturday morning don't forget we all meet up at the Regatta at 6am. Always good to have company to make the time go past more easily.

10:02 am  
Blogger miners said...

coool! sounds like a Matthew Reilly novel (the PG are big fans)

2:24 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Thank goodness for that - another Volvo off the road!

6:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home