Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Going public

Well, at the request of Tesso, and having just entered and being asked to declare my anticipated finish time, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm aiming for 2:20.

For keen readers thats 12 minutes faster than Noosa and I haven't done Mooloolaba before but I know I've had a massive summer. I've knocked a chunk off my swimtime, done some proper speed work on my run and stretched out my long rides to much longer than ever before. The only thing I'm worried about is that I've spent limited time in the saddle for the last month or so and focussed more on my swim and run so in that respect I'll have to see on race day...

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You can - and will - do it. Go Owen go!!!!!!!!!!

7:06 pm  
Blogger TD said...

If confidence counts for anything Owen (and it counts for a lot) you will have a big one at Mooloolaba.

You have done the hard hard and that sub-11 at the PCRG time trial is a real pointer as to your zippy running form. I will be very interested in the outcome on the day.

11:26 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Cool! That's just the answer I was looking for. I reckon you will do it easy. Well, maybe not easy :)

5:51 am  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

Cycling for show, running for dough!! you'll ship it inn. good luck!

11:10 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

Thanks. That's a solid time. Hope it all goes to plan. I'm sure you'll give it a good shake. Be careful with the new bars.

9:14 pm  
Blogger miners said...

Well you know mate, if ever the run takes a little more precedence than the importance of the bike in a tri, then it's during an Olympic distance - so you may have trained perfectly for it!

Great time goal to have mate - and a perfect place to do it. I want a fully detailed race report from you - cause I have penned this one in with indelible ink for next year. Hope we can race it together :)

9:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home