Sunday, December 31, 2006

16m tempo run and 100km ride - goodbye 2006!

I went and did 16km tempo on Friday night and it felt really good but I was very sore yesterday so I only did some core stability stuff.

The real reason for this post however is that I finally got my long ride up to 100km today!

Yup, it took me three hours and 45 mins but I did it, starting at 10 am and getting back by 2, I had a couple of muesli bars at 33km and 60km and drank four bidons worth of water. I'm now sore from head to toe and know it's going to be twice as bad tomorrow but damn does it feel gooood, bring on 2007!


And for those of you who analyse the detail of the above photo, no I didn't swim across the river, google earth hasn't picked up that there is a bridge there yet!

This means I got one of my two big goals for the end of the year (the other being getting my long run up to 32 km), but I'm happy with 1 from 2 considering how sick I was about a fortnight ago!

Catch y'all in '07!

Owen

7 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Congrats on the 100k Owen.

Happy New Year - I look forward to following your progress in '07 ;-)

10:30 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Happy New Year Owwwweeeennnnn!!!!

11:34 am  
Blogger Cirque said...

Something tells me your 2007 will be huge!

Well done mate!

5:28 pm  
Blogger Clairie said...

So how are the legs now? Hopefully Santa bought you some skins so you were able to use all the tricks of recovery after your long run.

Will be good to see you out there in 2007 Owen. Hopefully (for me) you won't be too far in front that I won't be able to glimpse you every now and then in the racing season!!!

Bring on Mooloolaba - the first big test of 2007.

11:52 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

100k is a long ride Owen!

All the best for your training and racing in 2007 :)

9:25 pm  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

HNY Owen!! Man I hope the Skins helped your recovery after your 100k ride.

8:32 am  
Blogger Shane said...

Hey Owen, Im not sure you remember me but I met you at BRRC when you ran your 10k PB in Sep. I didn't realise you had a blog otherwise I would have dropped on by earlier, anyway I will be sure to return and see how 2007 goes for you.

Shane.

9:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home