Saturday, January 27, 2007

Building a base... a solid one!

It's been a massive fortnight but I've done over 300km on the bike, two 1/2M distance runs, a smattering of hill runs and a couple of swims. I'm finally developing a routine I'm really happy with.

I've done a few bunch rides as well as some long solo rides and yesterday (Australia day) I did a really good hilly bunch ride to Mt Nebo where I spent some time on the front of a pack for the first time and learnt a LOT about aero position and drafting (as well as how to control the bike on some serious downhills!)

I've also finally developed a program which I think is going to work quite well...



I've changed to a fortnightly program so I can mix it up a bit more, switch between a specific hills and specific speed session (not to say that other runs don't include these of course, merely just that they are the sole focus in those two sessions...) and vary my weekend routine to incorporate BRRC every second fortnight...
Every second Fri the brick set will be a spin on the trainer and then a run...
The only problem is no rest days but one of each of the swims is just freestyle (not squad) and I'm sure I'm not going to keep to every session so I will get some rest...
Tomorrow is my first trip to Redcliffe (60km away) and it'll be the place every second saturday where I'll do a ride swim ride brick set...

1 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

That's an awsome program and good luck with it. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I was also interested in what you said about skins in your earlier post. I have just purchased some and find them great for relieving some of my post run soreness.

10:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home