Thursday, February 01, 2007

With friends like these, who needs anenomes?

Thanks for all your wonderful words of wisdom re the weekends injury I think I've got it totally sussed.

I ended up switching immediately to ice as Clairie suggested, and did four sessions with a tennis ball in the same manner as Kinder had suggested with the rolling pin. Within 12 hours it was pretty much gone, but I took Tuesday off as well, meaning I had had 65 hours straight rest when I went for a run on Wednesday night.

I did a three km warmup and then three 800m efforts on 3:30, and then another three km to cool down and there wasn't a niggle to be found.

I went for swim tonight (Thursday) and my whole body felt relaxed and ready for a big and hard weekend, starting with a brick set tommorrow, long solo ride on Saturday and BRRC 10km on Sunday.

The best thing is that I have more new tricks to pull out if I feel the ITB again, and I know how to manage it for next time!

Thanks again guys,

O

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear that the ITB has settled down. I quite often use a tennis ball too, particularly around my knee. But doesn't your mum own a rolling pin?? What kind of kitchen does she maintain?? ;-P

5:55 am  
Blogger miners said...

you have to watch those amphetamines mate - I know they can be popular amongst the triathletess, and Clairies may know what she's talking about - but in moderation OK? ;)

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home