Friday, December 01, 2006

building momentum... but will it dissipate?

I ended up doing another bike swim bike on Tuesday but at a different pool so all up it was a thirty km ride and 2km swim.

I haven't had a spare second to go to the squad this week and I fly to Melbourne tomorrow night so it'll have to start when I get back next week. But I did speak to the coach and he seems really cool so I'm really rather excited about it.

Wednesday I did the cycleogical group ride again which was really good and felt a lot easier than last week. When I add the distance I ride there and back it's sixty km all up which is a good mid-week ride so I'm really happy with it at the moment. It also leaves me fresh enough to double up and do some speed work or hills in the afternoon, though I haven't quite had time for that yet!

Thursday was a rest day - I was exhausted from a project that finished the day before and thought it was time to give the body a day off! (it had been eight days straight training by then!)

Then today I really wanted to have a hard session before I leave tomorrow so I did a really hard brick set which basically was three laps of Mt Cootha going anti-clockwise (the hard way), clockwise (the not-so-hard way) and then anti-clockwise (the hard way), again (total of 60km)and then did a fast-as-possible four km off the bike. It felt really good and my legs are tired but not sore as I sit down to write this post.

Hopefully I'll squeeze in 10km tomorrow morning and then try and get in at least three no-watch-just-exploring-melbourne runs in next week.

Just got to hope I don't lose this momentum when I get back!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

I feel exhausted just thinking about some of those bike rides. It sounds like some no-watch sessions in Melbourne might be a good idea.

7:30 pm  
Blogger Clairie said...

Just make sure when you go out on those no-watch runs that you follow the sun. When it gets dark - go home!!!!

9:21 am  
Blogger Jen said...

I know you are alive right now only cause I know your mum ;-)

Anyhoo, hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas & a sensationally great new year. Give your mum a cuddle for me,

Love
Kinda xx

1:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home