Monday, November 27, 2006

Building a base

Had a really great weekend that comprised a 75km ride on Saturday incorporating a lap of Mt Cootha from the 55th - 65th kilometres and then a good solid 15km run at BRRC on Sunday morning. (1:07 - my first run over 12 km in about two months!)

The legs were sore but I put my skins on and they felt great, fine today apart from a little bit of residual tiredness and that was pretty much entirely shaken out by a 5km recovery run this afternoon.

Tomorrow morning is a 40km ride and possibly a swim session in the afternoon if I get time!

Thanks for all the supportive comments RE: the goal statement last week! almost makes me think it might be a bit acheivable!

3 Comments:

Blogger Clairie said...

IM08 heh? That is a great goal to have and I am sure you will do wonders between now and then to help you achieve it.

Great run on Sunday - good to see you still have it, especially after the long bike ride on Saturday.

1:31 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

I spotted you running at BRRC from across the river at Toowong. Or maybe it was Bizarro Owen ;-)

8:49 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

It's achievable. The big difficulty will be allocating enough time to do the training - and staying healthy.

4:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home