Thursday, August 17, 2006

Busy busy!

I've been a bit slack updating the blog this week (Ekka public holiday on Wednesday and the obligatory trip to the races for young members day - like every other person aged between 18 and 25 in Brisbane it seems!!!) but that doesn't mean I've stopped training!

After Sunday's long ride I took all of Monday off as a rest day and then started back on Tuesday with the focus being short and sharp as taper for Sunday's half mara.

Tuesday
1km swim with heaps of drills including catch-up and swimming with hands in fists. Felt really soft immediately afterwards but about an hour or two later it really kicked in and my arms felt very tired, and well worked! I'm going to make one of my two swim sets every week drill focussed and the other threshold from now on.

Wednesday
7.5km fartlek session around Carindale. Felt really relaxed and smooth.

Thursday
First session on the new mag trainer. Just did five minutes warm up, then 3 sets of five minute efforts with three minutes recovery between each and then five minutes cool down. Really felt like a good hard workout but only took half the time it normally takes me to expend that much energy on a ride.

Tomorrow
Easy five km run just to keep the legs turning over before Sunday. I've calculated the splits I need for the turnarounds at Noosa as 24:35, 49:20 and 71:50 (5.5 km, 11km and 16km) so look out 95 mins!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Excellent. I'm so glad your training has been going well. Don't get carried away this week - you aren't going to get any fitter this week. You'll be ready to fly by Sunday!

8:07 am  
Blogger Lulu said...

Good luck for your run at Noosa Owen. I'm sure you'll blitz it!

11:31 am  
Blogger miners said...

glad the mag-trainer's going OK - mine's great too :)

3:08 pm  
Blogger miners said...

By the way - all the best of luck for the run mate. The splits look good. Just stick to the plan, and you shouldn't need the luck anyway ;)

5:42 pm  
Blogger R2B said...

Enjoy yourself on sunday Owen and when/if you catch up with Tesso tell her to imagine you are R2B and that may give you both a good kickalong!

R2B

9:47 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Yeah agree with the others, Noosa will be great for you.

GO FOR IT!!!!!

9:47 am  
Blogger TD said...

A little mouse told me about your blog, Owen. It's a great blog and I look forward to reading more of your posts, especially the outcome to the Noosa half. I would love to be running it myself.

7:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home