Friday, August 11, 2006

26km long run

Went for a long run from my house in Carindale to the West End and back today and it felt good. It's the first time I've run that far since training for the Brisbane marathon back in April and I'm definitely feeling it tonight. Average pace was 5:47, total time taken 2:28, which is slower than I was hoping for but given that it's a very hilly route, there are lots of traffic light stops, and I did some pretty hard hill reps yesterday I'm not disappointed. Feels good to be back at this distance...

I also had my first non-race CR gear sighting (althought technically I guess it was a reverse sighting) as RITH gave me a wave and stopped his ride for a chat as I was leaving Southbank and heading towards West End. I was pretty much at the hardest part of the run (1.5km to the turn around) so it was good to see a friendly face, thanks mate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home