Thursday, July 27, 2006

Run Bike Run

Feeling good after yesterday's rest day I had planned, after much deliberation, to do a 15km /15km BRIC set today around St Lucia (my uni). Short cycle and long run because I'm in my running focus phase at the moment and was merely riding to get the legs a bit "cycle-tired" beforehand. But when I got to uni this morning it was still too dark to cycle straight away (I don't have lights yet...) so I decided to do half my run beforehand as the sun rose, then go for my bike and then finish the run.

The route was reallllllly hilly but I did 8km on my first run, 2 x 8km bike laps and then a final 6 km run. All up it took about 1:50 with splits of about 0:45/1:15/1:50.

Overall a good hit out but a clear demonstration that yet again, my cycling needs more work and also that I have to throw in some hill work, an area that never used to bother me. I'm not too stressed about this as hills and speed are something I know I can work into the last few weeks of the program - the overall focus for now is on endurance.

Tomorrow is a light 10k test run - hopefully at close to Noosa 1/2 goal pace!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

If you train around St Lucia its a bit hard to avoid the hills. I used to live there and every run I did started on a giant uphill. Then again at least they all ended on giant downhills :-)

3:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home