Tuesday, July 04, 2006

GC 1/2 - Feelin gooooood - 1:40:30

I did it! Felt really good on race morning and started out steadily with no problems except a little bit of stiffness from only giving myself a small warm up (I need to stop doing that!) Plan was always to go 5:10 for the first 13km and then do the last 8km under 5mins a k. By the time I got to the turnaround I was well under this (I had kinda got a little caught up in the moment) and when I got to 13km I just went for it... I figured I have to take the next two weeks off anyway, whether I'm smashed or not, so I may as well just go for it and see what happens! The last four km were just absouletly flogging myself, I seem to get better times when I aim for negative splits... So with no training over 10km since Warwick I got another 1:40 time. I think it was the longer rides that have done it, particualrly with the "new" (or at least improved) technique.

Congratulations to everyone else who had a smasher of a day! GC was awesome.

That's about it for me then, see you soon.

P.S. Look out Noosa half - 1:35

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

What? No mention of your Kinda Surprise ;-)

Congrats on a great run at GCM under difficult circumstances. One day you will run a sub-3 marathon. That's my prediction. You were born to run. Must be your mother's genes ;-)

10:20 pm  
Blogger 2P said...

You will certainly better that 4.27 Marathon time on your next outing!

Great result Owen ;-)

10:13 am  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Fantastic result Owen. I agree with 2P!

2:52 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats again Ooooowwwweeennnn!

Hmmmm, might see ya on the 95 minute bus at Noosa. Who's driving?

6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home