Saturday, July 22, 2006

Back in the pool

First swim in about four months today. I should preface this by saying that I have a love/hate relationship with swimming. Sometimes, when everything's going well and I'm feeling strong I love it, other times, when I just can't seem to get it together, it's the most stupid sport ever invented.

Had no particular goal, just wanted to see where I was at. I got through the first 500 metres in a cruisy eleven minutes and then thrashed myself to get through the second 500 under nine to give me 20 mins all up. I got in with seconds to spare.

Just as I started the third 500 my foot started cramping real bad (this has happened to me while swimming before) so I pulled up and just tried to tread water until it subsided. It didn't go away for about two painful minutes so when it finally did, I took it as a sign that my body had done all the pool work it was going to do for the day and got out.

All in all though, good to be back in the pool and doing some upper body stuff! - It also seems to have kicked the last bit of the cold I was carrying!

Watching every minute of the tour tonight and then going for a big ride tomorrow, very pumped!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

Enyoy the ride Owne - it's been raining down here so being the big wussy boy that I am it's no ride for me - maybe if the rain clears though....

11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home