Monday, July 24, 2006

24km run

Went for my first long training run in a while today and it felt gooooood. Slow, but good (avg pace was about 5:25). It was also my first long run the day after a long ride. I was really surprised how different the tiredness in the legs is but it felt good and I got through pretty much all the k's I wanted.

On a different note, regular readers may have noticed my program intensified quite a lot over the last few days, this is due in the main to my personal life being a bit of a shambles at the moment, and the resulting desire to step up the training a notch as a way to clear my head. I couldn't have used my training to get me through it without the constant motivation that you guys provide, so thanks, the running community rocks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

That's CRs for you. There's not a lot they can't get you through!

7:27 am  
Blogger Jen said...

I second that Owen - both in respect of using training to get through the tough times & the support the CR community provides. I don't know what I'd do without them. Keep smiling & training :-)

7:44 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Glad to be of service Owen :-) CRs, including you, are truly a wonderful lot.

See ya Noosa if not sooner.

12:18 pm  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Hang in there O - training is such a great release. Heavan knows what I used to do without it!

10:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home