Thursday, June 29, 2006

Now I'm really a cyclist

Was just finishing a really awesome ride this morning when I had my first puncture. Of course I had no spare tube/pump/tyre levers on me so I had to start walking (Lesson learnt - kit purchased and first ever tyre changed). My plan was to get to the Chandler sports centre which was about two km away and look for a pay phone, thankfully a guy saw me walking up the road and let me throw the bike in the back of his ute and gave me a lift home. While this was awfully nice of him it was perhaps quite naive on my behalf so I shan't put myself in such a position again!

What would have been about forty km in about 85 mins ended up being a 35km in about one hour fifteen. For those who know Brisbane I rode from Carindale out to Wellington Point and back. There was some light rain and the usually moron drivers but overall it was a good ride.

I had the tour on my mind as a I posted my dream team last night and was concentrating on getting more of a bassoesque cadence...

(As a side note I passed a sign outside a shop that had tape wrapped around it which obviously had the word sale repeated along it. Because of where they'd cut the tape it looked like the were trying to write "le sale"...)

However I also can't stop laughing about this blog: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=31414033 and it was quite motivating to remind myself that "the cycling is the pain!!!!!!!!" as I rode.

Plus, the leg felt really good and I felt like some kind of athlete again... It's all good!

3 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

hey mate - changing the tyre must have been a great laugh. Don't you just hate having to do that (ask Jorex).

Hope all the final preparations are now being made for the big weekend. Look forward to catching up again :)

3:49 pm  
Blogger Cirque said...

I'm just amazed you put that precious bike in the back of a ute.

6:24 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

I was seating here in the peace and quiet and clicked on that link. I didn't realise my speakers were on full bore - Acca Dacca scared the living daylights out of me!

See ya on the weekend :-)

11:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home