Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Run yourself ugly

Ive been for two runs since my last post, a 5km on Saturday and an 8km today and while it feels good I truly feel like I'm running ugly at the moment. I've lost any apparent strength endurance from before the warwick pentath and it's really difficult to maintain good technique. Only one of the 13km mentioned above felt really good and I'm pretty sure I walked about 3 of them! But having said that, I know that progress is never entirely linear and that I am getting better, it's just frustrating when I feel like I'm starting from scratch!

Current plan is to just make the gc half a long training run and get it under 2 hrs and maybe focus on breaking 100 mins at the Noosa half...

2 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

Really sorry to hear you're not feeling the best for GC mate. Was looking forward to seeing what you were capable of!

Clairie now has me running a 1:35 up there - so if you suddenly start feeling fantastic, make sure you hook up ok?

8:58 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

What a shame about GC :-( But smart move just thinking of it as a training run.

On the bright side Noosa is a great course, and less crowded too. I reckon its easier to do a good time there. Get fit for that one and you'll be laughing.

12:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home