Tuesday, June 13, 2006

25km ride with technique focus

Just another quick one today before work, the weather was great if a little cold but the roads were practically empty which was awesome. I've been getting really tight between the shoulder blades on longer rides so I made an extra effort to loosen up my arms and keep my elbows bent and it had a really good effect on my upper body. I also made a big effort to try and pedal in circles not squares (I've seen this advice in several tri mags) and it made a real difference, I feel I can really train and improve riding in that style whereas I felt like I was reaching a sort of plateau by just flogging my legs as hard as I could. So all in all good little winter session...

On another note, thanks to all for the lovely welcome I've received! It is a very much appreciated... This whole caper has such a great community behind it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Woohoo! Blogging! Now we just need to convert the rest of your family ;) hee!

See ya at GCM!

3:49 pm  
Blogger miners said...

G'day mate - good to see you getting out there in the gaps in the weather. It's when it rains for days, or other reasons prevent you from getting out, that you realise how much you take training when you want for granted :)

5:30 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey you! Welcome to blogworld!

1:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home