Saturday, July 29, 2006

2km swim

Nothing special today but got my swim distance up to 2km. Took much longer than expected because the squad took up most of the pool leaving the rest of us only two lanes which meant I was either:
a) running into the octogenarians who were wading in groups of four up and down the pool or
b) getting overtaken by swimmers who insisted on starting their sets as I hit the wall (ie, rather than waiting til I was at the other end of the pool!)

Shoulders are now aching as a result of the combination of today's swim, last night's pounding 10km (I seem to use my upper body a LOT when I'm time trialling...) and the impromptu core stability/strength sesh I did yesterday morning (and forgot to mention in yesterday's blog...)

Very excited about tomorrow's long ride which will hopefully be about 65km and will take in about 10km worth of Brisbane coastline...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

There are no secrets in blogland - so tell us about the secret strength/stability session....

;-)

10:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home