Monday, August 07, 2006

B2B

Sunday was my first ever crack at Bridge to Brisbane and I had a really good run!

I got to the gateway at about 0630, walked along the side of the white and yellow starters in the little passage that had been taped off, got to the red zone at about 0645, stretched a little more and jogged on the spot. I introduced myself to another coolrunner who turned out to be PeterHorse and we had a bit of a chat and waited.

The race started a little bit earlier than planned but I wasn't bothered as I'd pretty much done all the warming up I was going to be able to do... I just started running when the people in front of me moved and had fun weaving my way up (and then down) the bridge. (My plan had been to just go hard for the first 3km and then just try and keep on that pace for as long as could)

I caught Tesso and Clairie at the 3km mark and said hi but Clairie wasn't well so we ended up splitting up.

So many people were cutting corners that they were blocking up their own short-cuts and I overtook most of them by staying on the course. The random musicians were really cool and it was fantastic to get a "go CoolRunner" from the one man cheersquad - Iron Pete, at about 10km.

I finished in about 53:20 with an all out sprint for the last 800m to stay a ahead of a guy I had overtaken at the 11km mark. This is about 4:26 pace which is right on track for a sub 95 minute half at Noosa - stoked!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Great run - you speed demon!

7:20 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats on a great run Owwwweeeennnn. Should be less hussling and bussling at Noosa, and no big hill at the start. You should be able to knock a few seconds a km off your pace!

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home